AS-Schneider is a modern, internationally established family company and relies on close contact to customers and on technological progress with over 145 years of tradition and experience.
Today, AS-Schneider is among the world's leading manufacturers of Instrumentation and Double Block & Bleed Valves with approximately 400 employees. To strengthen our growth, we are looking for a
Sales Manager Downstream Valves (m/f/d) for our subsidiary in Houston/Texas
This is an initially outdoor sales role with frequent customer/site visits, managing and developing the downstream market, supporting customers with queries to quotations and technical nature. Focus is to extend the current direct customer portfolio and to build up a network of distributors and partners in the region. You will support the inside sales team with the objective to increase sales and to provide premier customer service to all customers in the downstream sector. The Sales Manager Downstream Valves is reporting directly to the General Manager of AS-Schneider America Inc.
- Responsible for managing the sales area (hands-on metality needed), developing a business plan covering sales, revenue and expense controls, meeting agreed targets and promoting the organisation's presence throughout the region
- It includes identifying and pursuing project sales opportunities, customer acquisition and development and profitable business expansion in the region
- The product focus lies on Double Block and Bleed Valves but is not excluding the entire product portfolio of AS-Schneider
- Assist in the development of the annual sales plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product and customer (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort) and sales promotion programme plans
- Developing a solid and trusting relationship between major key clients and company beyond that a complete understanding of key account needs
- Managing communication between key clients and internal teams
- Resolving key client issues and complaints
- Define and implement growth and price strategies, sales targets, sales programs and key initiatives for the product within the territory to improve client results
- Negotiating contracts with the client and establishing a timeline of performance
- Follow-up all quotes and enquiries and keep them updated in the CRM system Sales Force
- Analyzing client data to provide customer relationship management
- Provide feedback to the company regarding market opportunities, trends, competition, applications, product improvements etc...
- Planning and presenting reports on account progress, goals and quaterly initiatives to share with team members and stakeholders
- Degreed Petroleum of Chemical Engineer preferred, highly technical capabilities
- At least 5+ years of experience as a sales manager
- Experience-based knowledge in critical downstream and chemical industry applications
- An extensive and successful track record of selling high value engineered products to end-users directly or though engineering companies
- Existing relationships to key players in the oil and gas industry, refineries, chemical and petrochemical industries along with EPC's, OEM's and service companies are required and expected to be maintained and further developed
- Sales passion and pronounced customer focus
- You are familiar with industry standards, such as API 6D, EEMUA 182, ASME and others
- Strong negotiation, communication and relationship building skills
- Very good user knowledge in common MS Office programs, prior experience in using CRM system is beneficial
- A self-starter work ethic with proven history of driving business process improvements and results
- Intensive travelling in the US is expected
Are you interested in an attractive challenge in a future-oriented company?
Then, send us your complete application documents via email to
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.